Sunday, December 16, 2007

POLE DANCING



I know I have been talking about pole dancing, and I don't remember how it starts.

As we all know pole dancing has become a fitness option and as a quasi feminist, I am more than happy to welcome the process. Women are pole dancing for fun, not for money. And sorry, though it sounds sexist, it just does'nt quite work when man do it. But there are different type of pole dancing:the athletic kind, the strip-club kind, and the really really take your breath away kind.

According to the World Pole Federation, pole dancing might date back to burlesque time when showgirls dancing in tents and showing off their moves on the tent poles. Then it become extremely popular as a regular strip club entertainment roughly in the 70s. And now, woman of all walks of lives are taking pole dancing lessons as alternative to threadmill running and weight lifting.

Crunch Gym apparently offer a cardio striptease class and pole dancing class. It is definitely cardio, weight and resistence training exercise all in one package.

My new fascination has become my new year resolution. As much as I have short attention span, i hope my plan will materialize.

So I have done some research and watch a lot of videos,and i found one that really really moved me. Ya, i was emotionally moved by a pole dancing video. It was not filmed in a yoga studio with sport-bra wearing woman, it was not filmed in a strip club, it was in someone's bedroom, quite voyeuristic, no idea who the person is, but she is AMAZING!!! It is 3am in the morning and my consciousness is working strangely, but when someone is dancing so melanchonicly to Kelly Clarkson's " Addicted" it just makes me hold my breath.

and I would share it with you who read my note:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt4k4kDpPow&feature=related

No comments: